• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn 865

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

denz_1

Hey guys, I have a really bad ASRock mo bo at the moment so its on its way out. Also I have no money. And my 6600GT has been artifacting ever since I got it, this is my second one. BUT When I put it into my mates computer (who also has a 6600gt) its FINE! So im hoping this stupid mo bo is the problem. Also it cant OC or handle 8XAGP (could be the problem) I have no money and where I live this Foxconn mother board looks like the best deal. Does anyone have any experiance with Foxconn. As far as cheap mobo's go the 865 chipset is the best? any help guys. Thanks

Ah yes foxconn, i have one of those for an AMD rig. It does look ilke a good board, can't say I've heard anything about it. Is there a budget you're sticking to? Maybe we could make some suggestions on a better board?

And yeah, i agree everything is expensive in NZ :/

My budget is Under $150 really. Cause I will need a new hsf maybe if I want to oc so :S) Im not hugely into gaming. I will be OC'n my next pay check will be a MAX of $200 probably less and its the last I will have for ages! and the foxconn I can get for $111 in hamilton. My mates (im 16) have an online computer store thats cheaper with everything but they dont have any 478socket mobos lol. So an Ok OCer (I only have a 2.0Ghz A so I might get a 2.8 Celeron D later) I play on 1024x768 cause thats all my monitor can suport. When I get to uni i'll spend lots on a comp so I dont want to flush lots of money.

Any sugestions would be great fellow NZers

the board looks like a good one if its that cheap, may as well if you're going to by better parts when you start uni :)

PItty there isnt much info on it! I would assume that the AGP FSB Locks? I think thats the case with most 865 isnt it?
Im hoping for a dual set up for uni. Just so I can do everything at once. No hardcore gaming for me :(

I have a Foxconn with the SiS chipset. It has been very stable so far, running a 2.4 Celly and 6600GT. But it doesnt have SATA, and the OC options are pathetic. No voltage adjustments, just FSB. Also I cant read temps from WinXP. But I paid $30 NEW so what can you expect?

can you link us to a website where you would be looking to purchase this board?

From the description, it sure doesn't look like it offers much in the overclocking dept.

Back