• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question about fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Performance drop between 200 and 133 you mean? I don't think you would be able to tell the difference if everything else stayed at the same speed. In benchmarks you would be able to tell though.

If you are on a 2.4B now, and are thinking of switching to a 2.4C I probably wouldn't do it since you are already at 3.1ghz and you probably wouldn't gain that much performance. However almost all processors are now 200 FSB, when coupled with HT, then overclocked you would see a performance increase that is not only in benchmarks.

well actually i was of switching to 2 xeon LV but my origanal plan was to wait intill the nocano LV came out but i found 2 LV under 200

If you get LV xeons and a decent motherboard for them, if they are C1 stepping they should overclock to 133 or 166 fsb, if you get D1 stepping xeons then they may be able to do 200fsb.

The real question is what are you planning on doing with your computer that you are considering switching to xeons?

perfectturmoil said:
D1's will nearly ALWAYS run at 200fsb.. There are those few who can't get em up there, but the real culprit in those situations is usually the motherboard..

True. I was just trying to be overly-cautious as to not raise expectations too much, if indeed the chips he was looking at were C1's.

well then you look at it from the nocano point of view you start at 200 and you can hit 250-300 with watercooling if the board suports it(might need to find a nVidia chipset board)

Back