• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows XP and SATA DRIVE problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
The problems continue with Windows XP Installation

Hey all,

When I put in my Windows XP CD to load it on my new computer I get past the SATA drivers part and when I press enter it says something like run chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption

stop: Ox0000007b Oxf7c5a524 Oxc0000034 Ox0000000 Ox0000000

It's a brand new hard drive. So does that mean I need to format it? If so how would I go about doing that since I can't access anything in the Windows XP set up? Also, am I supposed to be able to access DOS or should I put that on a DOS cd? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
alright an update:

I fdisked and formatted my new hard drive fine. Then I got into my BIOS and set my CD drive to boot first so I can install windows. If i don't install the SATA drivers I get "s3112r.sys could not be found", if I DO install the SATA drivers I get the same error I mentioned below. If I run the winnt.exe in my cd drive from MS-DOS, it goes to the blue windows xp setup screen and says "please wait while we copy system files" and it starts copying file and then it stops and continues to say please wait, eventhough nothing is copying.

Sucka said:
If you're not running RAID don't bother installing any drivers during install.

I had to install drivers casue it wouldnt detect the drive if i didnt. Not sure why but this is the only comp ive run into that problem with.

Back