• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's an idea.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolfOC

Registered
Alright I’m hopping this will be just as easy….if you wanted to build a server and not

just any server probably one of the biggest baldest servers out there where would you start and

what kind of cooling methods would you use I’m thinking either water cooling or
liquid nitrogen for 24 hour use anyways but I’ve been thinking a lot lately about building

a really bad *** server and then getting a pipeline any suggestions?

Note: Sad thing is I’ve built tons of computers and fixed tons of them but I have never once built a bad *** server.

well it will require tons of cash... Also LN2 (liquid nitrogen) is not a long term cooling solution. It will need constant (and I mean constant) refilling so its not a solution. Also what will you use this server for? games? web pages? file server? Also what is your budget?

Well lets face it there really can’t be a a budget can there? I figured id spend more then a

car on this ****…I mean come on a bad *** server and a pipeline? That’s going to a cost a

****load because I want to build a top of the line server and yeah its probably going to be

for games maybe even a web host I’m not really sure yet but either way it will need some

serious power I figure for what I plan on doing I figured already that the 15grand I have

will be spent on it quick so to be honest there is no budget I will spent most of my

paycheck every month if I have to computers are part of my life so I choose to waste it on that.

Note: besides that pipelines arn't cheap from what I've heard that alone probbly suck up all your money right?

I have a dual Pentium Pro 200mhz that I pulled out of the trash, and it does everything I need it to. I can't host games with it, but I never do that anyway. It has no trouble handling multiple users over lan accessing movies and music, and I think that it would probably have no trouble with hosting a website or something, you would probably have to spend over $500 a month on internet before you had server-side slowdown.

It's pretty hard unless you have a good T1 connection in your neighborhood. I have a friend who has a Quad-Core Pentium 2, which is worth like 60k according to him, and he only uses air cooling and it runs games and webpages pretty well.

darksparkz said:
It's pretty hard unless you have a good T1 connection in your neighborhood. I have a friend who has a Quad-Core Pentium 2, which is worth like 60k according to him, and he only uses air cooling and it runs games and webpages pretty well.

well i'm in a big city so pipelines are everywhere but they are $$$$$$$$$$ so

this is just something i got to do lol...i'm going to build one bad *** crazy server and then hope i can foot the internet bill for there crazy pipeline

Back