• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Needs Guidance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tills

Hi All

I have been reading alot about overclocking and have made several attempts at OC my system with no success.

I have an P4C800-E (latest BIOS), P4 Northwood @ 3GHz, and an ATI x700 Pro w/256MB and 1 Gig of Corsair XMS 3200LLPro.

My system either crashes, I lose performance or I don't see any RL improvement.

I even tried using the "dummy" OC settings(10% increase) in the MB BIOS and I lost 500MB/sec memory bandwidth.

I understand that no 2 systems are alike, however is there anything I can change that should make a difference with my system?

I ran 3dmark05 and have a score of 3037.

Is there any other info I can provide?

Last edited:
make sure you lock the pci/agp bus at 33/66. Raise Vdimm to 2.85 and find out what timings your ram is running at (diasble timing by spd and change it manually to your ram specs). Raise the FSB by about 5mhz at a time and check for stability either booting with memtest 86 or within windows by running prime 95 torture test for a few hours. Depending on what craps out first (ram or cpu) maybe raise the vcore to 1.575 but no higher than 1.6 without decent cooling. If its memtest stable after a few loops try prime thus eliminating your ram first. Good Luck and Welcome to the forums :D

Edit: yeah provice your bios settings psu type etc

Last edited:
Back