• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem running 1T with OCZ plat rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MightyJoe

I just picked up a 2x512 kit of OCZ platinum rev. 2 memory from The Egg, and I can't for the life of me get it to run a 1T command rate, even at stock settings. No matter what the setting, speed, or voltage, I get thousands of errors on test 8 in Memtest86.

I can run it up to 280 @ 2.5/4/3/7 2T at 2.8v, and I'm confident that 300 is possible with 2.9 or 3.0 volts. But I'd really like to get the whole thing to run at 1T command rate.

From what I've read, it sounds like my A64 3000's memory controller is whigging out on me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be the memory? Thanks

Joe

System specs are:

A64 3000+ rev. E
OCZ platinum rev 2
Epox 9nda3j
radeon 7000 :(

Thanks

Question: Does the 1T command rate timing stress the memory as much as the other settings or is it mainly the on die memory controller that dictates whether 1T can be run?

Hey

Can you test each stick on it's own to make sure it's not just one stick causing the problem? Test at 2.7V and make sure you have the latest bios for your motherboard

ive found most epox boards and asus boards refuse to run 1t, anything over 213fsb on my a8n-sli board it refuses to run 1t even with a volt mod and bh-5

Thanks for all of the responses,

I did some more research and basically found an abundance of cases where people have had trouble running 1T on my particular motherboard. Both sticks run at 280mhz 1T independently but once I put them both in for dual channel it will give me errors up the wazoo. It kinda sucks I guess but at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess I can send in my OCZ rebate now that I know that it isn't my ram's fault :)

Joe

asi said if i try and run 1t timing on my ocz bh-5 i get error thru the roof, but if i set it to 2t i can run 1.5-2-2-5@235fsb

Back