• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo's and ME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

Well heres another question for you all.I have a POS Dell that I decided to pull all of the components out of and put into a aluminum windowed case by Thermaltake.The case will except almost any mobo and has room for 5-6 hard drives and all the other stuff.
Now heres the meat of the question I want to use the P4 2.4 I have and my pc2700 memory.The P4 has been rated to handle up to 3.06Ghz and since I have a gig of 2700 I need a mobo thats great for OCing and can give me more memory capacity. The Dell handbook says the dell mobo made by Intel is a 845PE chipset. I have been thinking about an ASUS board model P4P800E Deluxe but if you think of something better please tell me.
I dont play all the newest and greatest games but I do play BF2 and most of the Delta Force games from Novalogic along with MoH and CoD.
I just bought the case along with a Audigy2 ZS Gamer ed. and a ATI X800Pro AGP. Im on a T1 line

Well this should have been posted in the Intel mobo sections, but when I asked about a good overclocking mobo for a p4 that was the board that was suggested to me, I would just try to get pc3200 or at least try to get your ram to run at that speed.

Back