• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i find an extension cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bapski

does anyone know where i can find a internal usb 2.0 extension for my 9 in 1 multimedia reader?

notice the short STOCK cable?
100_1518.jpg

i have a p5wd2 mobo and a TT ARMOR CASE, i need something to extend the cable to reach into the board.
100_1519.jpg

been having problems on how to mount this multimedia reader. i want to mount it up with the power switch.

hopefully somebody here knows where i can find one.

thanks

I just tried froogle, and all I could come up with were external cables. Is there a small comp shop near you? They might have some, or have some dead stuff you could cannibalize for one.

Longer cable may require ferite core for noise filter. A quick solution is to get any cheap USB 2.0 cable, chop one plug off and solder it in your reader. Leave the other end to plug in or chop that end off and use the mobo plug instead. Just make sure the core's still on the cable.

Back