• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kind of keyboards do u guys prefer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furiousfords89

personally, i like using old school keyboards because of their 'solid feeling of assurance' and that they weigh a ton compared to newer ones( generally speaking) :p

i was playing bf2 once with one of my newer keyboards and i dont know how, but i managed to have the keyboard slip out of my fingers during the middle of an intense firefight, no i am not joking :eek: .....or maybe its just because i use the kb like my life depends on it while gaming lol :p ..ever since that incident i switched back to older keyboards for good

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1230/keyboardnmb2fr.jpg
i got that from my school last year and painted that sucker black about 3 months later lol
i also have an old gateway 2000 kb that was made in 1995, im using it right now

anyways, im just curious on what you guys prefer :)

I got this keyboard for $10 at walmart, after I spilled cola on my Logitech keyboard. I quit drinking cola about 3 years ago. :p

I like this keyboard because the keys are huge, and have plenty of space between them. It also has pretty curves. When I have friends over, I sometimes get comments like "wow, I like this a lot better than my logitech, where did you get it?".

I want a new one, I want one with lots of buttoms. I was going to get a logitech, but I don't have any money. Logitech elite looks pretty nice.

I've had my Microsoft Internet Keyboard for more than a year, served me well.

Basically, any keyboard with the standard layout suits me. Must have music playback controls (or reprogrammable hotkeys), and a few extra keys for apps (internet, AIM, Music). It MUST have a 2-key backspace and 2-key enter, with a large backslash key. If its a large 'return' style key, with the single button backspace and single button backslash, forget it.

SolidxSnake said:
Basically, any keyboard with the standard layout suits me. Must have music playback controls (or reprogrammable hotkeys), and a few extra keys for apps (internet, AIM, Music). It MUST have a 2-key backspace and 2-key enter, with a large backslash key. If its a large 'return' style key, with the single button backspace and single button backslash, forget it.

I feel the same way, except I don't really need any music keys/programmable keys. My HS is full of those "one finger" type backspace keyboards. I'm just thankful that they are replacing most of those computers with dells. :p

I recently bought a new keyboard after my old one of many years just wore slap out. The left shift key didn't work anymore, and the dang delete key kept poping up like a jack in the box! LOL

I replaced it with a Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite. I love this keyboard! It has so mnay nice features. It has what they call "side scroll", and has multimedia and interactive buttons galore. It also has on screen caps lock, num lock etc, and has multifunction "F" keys with an "F Lock". The keys are really nice. It also comes with a wireless mouse that is actually quite good, and also has a side scroll wheel.

It ain't cheap, so don't get sticker shock. I gave close to 100 bucks for this thing. Do NOT drink around a keyboard like this, and if you do, put a lid on it. You will hang yourself if you spill a drink on a setup like I just described, and like I said, it's expensive.

Logitech Elite(wireless) all the way. Great button lay out, solid feel, enough buttons to be a command center for a nuclear bomb, and it just looks awesome.

shard said:
sorry to say this, but that realy doesnt look it was worth the money =/ i just use the logitech elite, and i paid 25 bucks :D

Trust me, you get what you pay for. A Logitech is what the buttons were popping off of. The delete keys wear out fast. I've been through 3 of 'em. I looked at the Elite but they still have that same delete key, and plastic palm rest. On the MS it's got real padding with leather.

The Logitech is missing the side scroll wheel, and many of the buttons and function the MS has. The on screen works also, which is something i never got to work right on the Logitech's. The on screen would work after loading drivers, and then after the next reboot would be gone with no option to enable (or re-enable) them.

It was worth every penny to me, but if you don't have 100 dollars to spend (Store Bought Price) it probably wouldn't be. The software and drivers work seamlessly which is something I didn't even know was lacking until I tried it. I thought those bugs were just something you had to put up with, but you don't. I guess it works so well with XP because it's a MS. Nobody knows their OS better. :)

I use the keyboard off of an old IBM Aptiva from 1999 on my main system. On my Duron, I use an old Packard Bell keyboard from about 94. I can't type very well on most of the newer keyboards, although there are a few that I like.

If I were nicer to my hands, the obvious choice would be an old-school IBM keyboard. You know -- the ones that make the racket as you type :D Those keyboards > *

Since I'm not so nice on my hands though, natural keyboards are my friend. I've yet to get one, but I hope to soon. One preferably with a standard keyboard layout (two key backspace, page up/down block in the traditional 3x2 grid, etc), and wireless would be nice too. As far as extra buttons, scroll wheels, lights, etc go... I don't care in the slightest about them -- I've almost never actually used them :D.

JigPu

I just got a Saitek Eclipse, it's keys spring up quickly, it's quiet, and it's got an adjustable palm-rest. My Logitech wireless died on me :cry:

I love my Wireless Labtec Keyboard and mouse :) Along with my rechargable batteries ;)

Back