• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with my IT7 max 2 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doug1991

Registered
Hello all, Newbie here. I want to give my computer a boost and im not sure where to go next. I have the it7 max2 2.0 mobo and a P4 2.4b processor. My memory is just ok. Its pc2700 im pretty sure. Where should i go from here. Better memory? overclocking??

Thanks all.

Doug

PC2700 RAM is ok for using with a 2.4B CPU. How much RAM do you have? If it's only 256 meg, then yeah, more RAM will definitely help. Nowadays you probably want at least 512 meg. Most of us here have a gig of RAM.

Regardless, as long as your temps are not excessive, go ahead and overclock that sucker. Go into the BIOS and look at the Softmenu page. Fix the AGP/PCI to 66/33. Scroll through the CPU clock speed options until you find "user define". The frequency (FSB) will no longer be grayed out. Try increasing the FSB from the default 133 to maybe 139 MHz. If that works, you should be running overclocked at 2.5 gig. Check temps and test for stability. If all is well, raise the FSB a little more. Again check temps and test for stability, etc.

Sounds good. I do have a gig of ram. I know one of the chips is a decent brand like corsair xms or something like that, the other is a cheap one. I cant remember though.

What temps should i be looking for with this processor??

Back