• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg requires a signature?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

Since when? I have about 5 orders this year alone, and only this recent order does Newegg require me to sign for my package, instead of FedEx just leaving it at my door.

Is this a new thing for Newegg? Or is this a one time thing? I called FedEx and they said Newegg was the one requireing the Sig, not them.

Now I gotta wait till tomorrow for my items. /a little bummed, but getting over it.

You can agree to allow FedEx to keep your signature so it's automatically signed. That's what I've done...my FedEx guy doesn't even bother knocking or ringing the bell anymore...nobody's ever here to answer and take it ;)

Mr.Guvernment said:
the Sender decides if they want a signature or not.

Yes, as I already stated.

telexen said:
You can agree to allow FedEx to keep your signature so it's automatically signed. That's what I've done...my FedEx guy doesn't even bother knocking or ringing the bell anymore...nobody's ever here to answer and take it ;)

I have filled out the back, and FedEx should no longer ask for a sig. I was just curious if Newegg has ever required a sig from anyone here? This is my 6th purchase this year, and the first time they have required it from me.

I think its a good idea that they make people sign for their packages. Unless of course the person signs the waiver so they don't have to sign for packages. I bought a computer off of new egg, and I never got it. I checked online, and it said delivered. I never got it. Fed ex delivered it to the wrong house. I could have called up new egg and said I never got it and gotten another. Obviously I didn't because my neighbor who ended up getting it brought it over. But they should make people sign. Fed Ex didn't do crap to help me either :(

I've made dozens of purchases...including two in the last month...and I've never had to sign from Newegg.

I had to sign for my Video Card last week (I think this was the first time I had to sign IIRC). A small pain, but I also like to use signature verification on stuff I ship to others, so I can't complain :p .

Actually - I thought my FedEx slip specifically stated that the sender (Newegg) would not even accept me signing the back of the call-tag (the tag FedEx leaves at your door if they miss you), and I had to sign for the item in person no matter what! Luckily, I caught the FedEx guy as I was pulling out of my driveway after waiting for him, and almost being late to work. It all worked out in the end.

If we do give FedEx permission to use our signature, and a box ends up missing, guess what? You essentialy signed for it! So you must have misplaced it! :( . Sounds like a good idea for convenience, but if you actually end up missing an item, you might be stuck like Chuck...

:cool:

Last edited:
Its been a while since I signed mine, so I forget all the fine print, but I do believe that the waiver you sign on the back of the slip expires in a set amount of time (a year, 2 years? cannot recall).

The sender has the option to override this though and require a signature regardless, but I have never had newegg do this to me.

dicecca112 said:
you have to sign something for fedex to leave it.

Not true, Fedex leaves packages at my door all the time. I've never once had to sign for something. That's orders from Egg and elsewhere.

....... said:
Not true, Fedex leaves packages at my door all the time. I've never once had to sign for something. That's orders from Egg and elsewhere.

Same for me, but only with Newegg.

I had a package from mwave I believe and I kept missing it so I just did that thing where you give them your sig on a piece of paper so they'll always have it.

I just leave a note on my door that says FEDEX: Please Leave Package. THANKS! :)

Never had a problem, unless I forget to put the sign up and they don't leave it, which means they prally want a signature. So I just remember to put the sign up b4 I leave for work and have it when I get home!

Did you ever sign a fedex signature waiver? They're usually good for about a year but then they eventually run out and they want a sig again.

I ordered 2grand in parts in one order from Newegg(My first order). I didn't have top sign for it. After about 5 more order's, i have to sign for it. Then i don't have to sign for it anymore. It is strange.....

Newegg uses FEDEX to ship all of their items. FEDEX requires signature on all of the delivries. FEDEX drivers may leave packages without signature but this will only depend on a driver that does the delivery.

Sometimes you can sign some paper so they will always leave packages without signature.

It's not just FedEx. I decided to get my stuff shipped UPS and when I got home I had missed the guy. Anyhow, he left a UPS slip saying, "signature required on delivery (in person)". Now I have to go pick it up myself because I won't be home when they come the next time either. At least not by their approximated delivery time on the slip.

i dont think it is "specifically" Fedex / UPs / DHL - it is the lazy incompetent individual people that work for them.

I've always had to sign for packages from practically anywhere sent via UPS or FedEx. Recently I haven't had to sign, though, because I'm never home during the delivery period and my roommate signs (if he hears the doorbell). I've once had to pickup my package at the FedEx station because my roommate kept sleeping through the deliveries. :D

I don't mind having to pick the stuff up. Yeah, it's a little bit of an inconvenience, but at least I don't have to worry about my stuff getting stolen or water damaged (it POURED today).

Back