• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1T or 2T on NF7-S v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmrivers

Alright. i have been working on overclocking my nf7-s v2 and athlon mobile combo. I have 2x512MB or Corsair XMS, tccd chips.

So, i have hit a limit with my board. I could do some vmods and what not, but for now i wont. So my limit is 240FSB, anything higher and memtest gives me erros. Here are the things i can run:

238 2.5-3-3-8 1T
238 2-2-2-8 2T

My question here is: since i have double sided memory, i am running 2x512, and i have hit an FSB limit on my board. What would be better to run? 1T or 2T? Am i loosing effeciency by running 1T? I can work on getting the FSB higher at 2T, but my board will not allow it. I would just like to know what would be more effecient until i did some mods to this board. Also, if i got some DDR boosters, would it be worth it? Running 3.2V through 2.6V memory? I really think that if i can get the NB voltage up it would really help. Thanks.

For starters, I would rate being able to hit 238-240 on a stock NF7 as good to above average, so you have a good starting point should you decide later to do voltage mods to that mobo.

With respect to your questions...

As a general rule, on the Abit NF7 running 1T results in better performance unless you are getting a huge increase in FSB by running 2T. You are not getting an improvement in FSB, you are just running your timings tighter so I would be inclined to suggest that in your case, 1T would probably result in better performance (it generally does).

Which begs the question...have you run benchmarks to determine objectively which is performing better? That would be the thing to do, run them under both settings and see which gives the highest scores. Run 3DMarks01/03, AquaMark, SANDRA or Everest (AIDA32) and calculate Pi to a few million (or zillion :) ) places and see what happens.

The Booster would most likely be a waste of time and money for your setup, as TCCD seldom needs more voltage than what is already available on a stock NF7. There are exceptions to this and I have a set that likes 3.1v, but these are the exception, not the rule, for Samsung TCCD

Upping NB voltage could possibly help you increase your fsb limit. What are you currently running?

Anyways, good luck and have fun.

I have run sandra. I have not cataloged results properly as of yet. But either way(2T or 1T) i am getting 36xx as far as bandwidth goes. I have not really run 3dmark as of yet, because i am tweaking my video card at the moment.

I started to try out lower fsb at 1T, and tighter timings. I came out with 225 2-2-2-8, i lost bandwidth to 34xx, but it did lower my latency in everest from 79.9 to 72.2. I don't really know if i should aim more for bandwidth or latency. but i can get my fsb lower i can run my axp-m a little higher. I will give more conclusive results tonight. Thanks.

What BIOS are you guys using???
I have hada few NF7-s boards nad have never seen the 1T or 2T settings even as options.
For that matter Ive never seen it in any Nforce 2 boards BIOS.

Are you talking about CPC on or off because I dont believe its the same??

thanks

Wardog

I believe that it is the same (also known as Command Rate) and its not showing in the default BIOS because on the NF7 it is hard coded to CPC On (or 1T). On A64s it is a choice.

You have to use one of the modded BIOS that has it changed to CPC Off (or 2T). I don't know that I've ever seen the option to "toggle" between the two, you just have to flash to a different BIOS if you want to switch that setting.

Please note reference to "2T" in bigtoe's post linked below.
http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30004&postcount=7

Discussion about how it is not a BIOS option:
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=324299&highlight=SuperPi+results

Another discussion referencing 1T and 2T:
http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=cpcnf2

Hope this helps.

Cool thanks REEFA

I have a modded BIOS in the two Im running now both have the Manta Rays and Ive tried both CPC on and off versions but the difference in FSB wasnt that huge. ( like maybe 5mhz on one and maybe 10 to 12 on the other) I really wasnt sure that the T1 and T2 commands were the same as CPC on and off. I was wondering if thats what it was.

Thanks again

Wardog

From the bleeding edge post.

"To function correctly a latency delay 2t has to be implemented along with CPC.This of course kills performance".

That sounds like they are different options but the BIOS changes BOTH the CPC and the T settings as to whether you choose on or off CPC settings?

So its not the same but the CPC option does also control the 1T and 2T setting is that right?

LOL I dont know now I have read in some post where the CPC IS THE actual 1T and 2T. But somewhere else I read awhile back stated it wasnt the same but only related.

Weird.

Now Im going to have to troll the web looking up CPC info LOL.

Thanks alot for the info again REEFA

Wardog

Last edited:
Back