• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen - Mistake & Correction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Awhile ago (quite some time ago actually, about a month) I ordered some blue UV reactive dye from DangerDen. Got it, and was somewhat wary of the color of the liquid in the bottle, but seeing as how I didnt have any UV lights at the time, I just sorta brushed the thought off and set it aside until I got my lights.

Well, just yesterday, I got the lights, got them installed and all, and grabbed up the dye. Put alittle in a cup and, much to my surprise, I had a nice vibrant....radioactive green. Well, it was already 9 at night EST, so I had to wait until this morning. 12 rolls around, I call them up, explain the situation, and am told right away that a new bottle of blue UV dye will be sent out. I inquire on what I should do with the green, if they need me to send it back, and the person I spoke with calmly told me that I can keep this dye, and the free uv replacement they are sending me.

So, a great company in my opinion. Good prices, and very quick and easy customer service.

yeah - danger den's customer service is KICKASS - they even offered to custom-cut a new lucite top for my old z-chip block (when they discontinued the block a long time ago)

good products, good business, and most importantly, good people :thup:

Well, im actually alittle bit disappointed, but its not really DD's fault this time. The UV blue dye I have. When put into the water, at best it appears a milky white.

i would mix the dye with some water in a seperate transparent container and hold it to the UV light. if its the right color, it sounds like you will have to change your water out

Well the thing is, we had just flushed my tubes, and we hooked up a small loop that went directly from the pump, sitting in the sink full of UV'd up water, through my computer, and back down to the sink. It was white all the way through.

The fact of the matter is, the stuff isn't blue; I was the one who set up the test, and discovered that it was more of a white than a blue. Their radioactive green that he recieved looked awesome, the blue, not so much.

I had several feet of clearflex tubing running from the sink with an Eheim 1250 pumping submerged in the sink; the water in the sink and the tubing was whitish blue. Yes, the cathodes were moved around to see how it looked; yes, we used varying amounts of dye. The more we added, the more white and thick looking the water became. Adding a small bit of the green made it a more interesting color, though, so that's what we ended up doing in his loop.

I'm pleased with DangerDen's service; it only took a couple of days from speaking to them to have a fresh bottle at my home (all of our watercooling projects take place here).

Back