• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UTT ram, how do they OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4Z4RD0US

I was deciding on getting a mushkin redline RAM, over the OCZ VX gold series, at DDR500, I was wondering how good these UTT rams overclock? Because I am looking to OC my 4400+ to 2.6-2.8

H4Z4RD0US said:
I was deciding on getting a mushkin redline RAM, over the OCZ VX gold series, at DDR500, I was wondering how good these UTT rams overclock? Because I am looking to OC my 4400+ to 2.6-2.8

Anywhere between 250HTT to some i've seen around 270HTT. Not to many have made it over that on the Mushkin/OCZ VX that i've seen with any kind of good timings. My OCZ does 265HTT no problem with 3.4v

hmm..250x11 (I beleive thats hte multiplier on the 4400+) around 2.7 Ghz, not bad. Heh im hoping the Seasonic S12 600W Will cut the job for my power hungry rig

Last edited:
H4Z4RD0US said:
hmm..250x11 (I beleive thats hte multiplier on the 4400+) around 2.7 Ghz, not bad. Heh im hoping the Seasonic S12 600W Will cut the job for my power hungry rig

Yeah, PC4000 UTT and the 4400+ is a pretty good combo for air cooling. You can always drop multi to 10x if the chip doesn't go high and get those nice memory speeds, or run 1:1 past 250 and you're sitting pretty good. Throw sub zero cooling in there and all a sudden it's the worst combo ever. My Toledo doesn't go over 300HTT so i would be limited to what my memory does 1:1.

/me hugs G.Skill's :D

My redlines do 265HTT as well with 3.4V as sucka mentioned with my 3700+ sandy on an Ultra-d

i personally dont own any.. but a friend of mine says they OC great. Not sure on the numbers

I can't complain about my OCZ Gold VX - it does 245 at 3.1V, ok for PC3200.

I think im gonna go with the mushkin redline XP4000 (DDR 500) Seem to OC awsome

would the VX gold with a DDR booster be better than the mushkin redline for OCing? Or can I use the DDR booster with my redline

H4Z4RD0US said:
I think im gonna go with the mushkin redline XP4000 (DDR 500) Seem to OC awsome

Try to look for the new Redlines with black PCB and new heatspreaders. Those are awsome.

VX and Redlines are close in performance but Redlines are slightly ahead.

H4Z4RD0US said:
would the VX gold with a DDR booster be better than the mushkin redline for OCing? Or can I use the DDR booster with my redline

You can use the booster with any RAM. Make sure your mobo is compatible though.

^ Really? He never specified what board he has. Maybe he has some kind of Foxconn NF4 without voltage options.

Try to look for the new Redlines with black PCB and new heatspreaders. Those are awsome.

Cool, that's what I just received. So these are new? That explained why teh order was delayed by a week and a half. Mushkin was extremely gracious though and upgraded to fedex overnight without my asking :)
$186 shipped. Can't wait to try these!
Dragon, do you care to elaborate on why these are even better than the former ones?

Skeen said:
^ Really? He never specified what board he has. Maybe he has some kind of Foxconn NF4 without voltage options.

Yea he has the DFI NF4 board since I gave him some advice on it.

guillaume said:
Dragon, do you care to elaborate on why these are even better than the former ones?

The new heatsink is designed to handle the increased thermal demands that this RAM puts out on high Vdimm. The new design delivers superior thermal conductivity and dissipation. It's sleek and aero-efficient design provides 58% more surface area than Mushkin’s previous heatsink. Additionally, the new design utilizes an advanced thermal adhesive with double the thermal conductivity of the previous material.

Even with the promising new heatspreaders I would suggest that you still active cool them to extend the life of your RAM and it will give you better performance as well.

Last edited:
Back