• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hot ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usher

Registered
just noticed that whilst 1 stick of ram is hot the other is barely warm,
2X512 Corsair XMS 3200XL ,why would 1 be much hotter than the other?
Asus A8V , ram in blue sockets, B1 is hot

:welcome: TO THE FORUMS

I have the same exact RAM and they do run hot, especially if they are the latest revisions which are the TCC5's so they require little more Vdimm then your standard TCCD does.

The reason why one stick is hot and the other one is not could be due to your case air flow. My best suggestion would be to active cool them with a spare fan that you might have sitting around. 2x80mm work wonders but single 120mm should work just as well.

RedDragonXXX said:
:welcome: TO THE FORUMS The reason why one stick is hot and the other one is not could be due to your case air flow. My best suggestion would be to active cool them with a spare fan that you might have sitting around. 2x80mm work wonders but single 120mm should work just as well.

ok i have a ? how can i activley cool my ram? My board is a k8n neo2 plat, with the xp-90 half of the hs covers the ram slots so how would i be able to get a fan over them?

Back