• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with cable management...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

Navi is a rat's nest. I just now realized that this might be a huge problem while looking at my soon-to-be-installed XP-90. The biggest problem seems to be the extra PSU cables (BlueStorm 500W). Maybe a modular is in order? If I can find adhesive cable clips large enough, will running them across the top of the case work?

Pics of the chaos to come as soon as I can get a good one (there may be a general pic showing the wire mess at http://nightshadow-wolf.tripod.com/navionline.html).

Looks like there is some space between the top of your case and the top of your CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM or whatever) so you should be able to tuck extra power connectors up there. That's where I hid my unused disk drive connectors since my PC didn't have any floppy drive.

I have a floppy drive in the very top 3.5" bay (that's where I was stuffing things before I found I needed a floppy drive for the SATA drivers). I'm thinking of buying a bunch of adhesive cable clips (if I can find them large enough; I've seen tiny ones for single wires but that's about it) and putting them along the top of the case close to the sides.

Now that I have the SATA working properly, I suppose I could ditch the IDE CD drive and pick up another SATA one (I have another SATA DVD-RW that hasn't been installed yet).

I couldn't see the other side of your case, but I stuck all my extra cables behind the motherboard tray. If you have enough room under it that would help clean things up a bit.

Back