• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing BF2 and get BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phoenix87

Basically, right as BF2 is about to finish installing I get the BSOD and the error it gives is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Ive never seen this error before and dont know how I got it.

Nothing in my computer is overclocked
Ive updated every driver possible
Fresh install of XP

Anyone know what this error is and a possible solution?

Wtf is up with this?? Ive tried installing from the DVD version, tried a completely different cd-rom drive, and even tried copying all the files onto my HD then installing, yet I get the same error over and over!

I always hated seeing this alert, I'm afraid that I never found a solution to it and always had to reinstall windows. The only other thing that can apparently cause it is failing memory

Yeah this error is a pain in the you know what....

I would try changing the video card drivers first (use an older version), and try installing BF2 again.

If SP2 isn't installed, install it.

Disable any antivirus software and see if that makes a difference...

Completely reinstalled windows and still get the same error, though this time its a little different. Now if I run BF2 and try to go to the audio tab, I get the error. It also, happens right as a map is about to finish loading.

Im thinking its the audio drivers maybe because of that so ive tried both nvidia's and realtek's but still get BSOD. I can also play Deus Ex and World of Warcraft just fine with either drivers.

coin said:
I always hated seeing this alert, I'm afraid that I never found a solution to it and always had to reinstall windows. The only other thing that can apparently cause it is failing memory

It's usually not failing RAM and it's often caused by a bug.

I fixed it, had to use older audio drivers that came with my mobo.

I fixed it, had to use older audio drivers that came with my mobo.
I have the same problem, but i havent asus disk with driver, so what i should to do for fix it , I mean from were get same driver like in asus disk :) :comp:

Zezan, we appreciate that members use the search feature, but it is best to leave old threads alone and create your own so that you can clearly explain the issue and get assistance.

Back