• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wdEvA

hi i'm new here, heard that when overclocking cpus, the ram is another factor that must be considered into it.. but i cant seem to overclock my ram, can anyone out here help me out with it?
i'm using AMD A64 3000+ SCS939, MSI Neo2 Platinum Nforce3, 1gb cosair pc3200/400 DDR

what version of the Corsair? Value, XMS, Pro, XLL? they have more than one PC3200 model.

You need to run your ram at a 5/6 divider or 333 DRAM clock. Raise your HTT. Your ram will overclock with it. If you are going for a mild cpu overclock then leave your ram at 1:1 or 400 DRAM clock. You will only go so far with 1:1, usually around 230MHz with that ram.

Run cpu-z and give the MHz for the ram at the highest HTT and a 5/6 divider. Your ram is rated at 200MHz so it should be higher then that.

i've tried overclocking my cpu already, but the results wasnt gd..

mine is a a64 3000+ winchester.. onli could get it to 2ghz.. 222X9.. ani higher is unstable..

ani of u can help me out with it? i've tried upping the voltage. but i'm not sure which 1 is the right voltage to up..

thanks

Back