• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless router question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

Sorry for double post.. noone seems to want to reply to my post in networking

I'm wondering what router I should go with in my upgrade. I've been more than happy with my d-link wireless b, with O.K. range and decent signal strength... even despite the fact that the adapter in my lappy was almost folded in half.. still works great!!

I've decided to go MIMO or srx(MIMO) and the jist of my question is this:
Is it really worth double the money to go with the Linksys srx routers over any of the other MIMO equipped routers out there. I've found the D-link MIMO at roughly $63-$69, and the lowest I've found the SRX linksys is $143 or so.

The house is relatively new, no concrete walls or lead paint. It is 2 floors and the basement. The router will be in the basement next to the cable/VOIP modem with 3 wired home runs and multiple wireless connections. My wired connections will be responsible for gaming and a small gaming server, and the wireless will be for my fiance's light usage and backups of my business software.

I have a 524, a 604, and 624, and like all 3. I went through 3 linksys routers in 2 years, all of them died. Had one Netgear die on me, gave the other away to a friend in need (same with the 604). I was pretty happy with the netgear, but IMO D-Link makes the best routers.

Thanks! Good to hear it.. I'll stik with the d-link as long as it performs well.

Back