• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just bought these!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope I hit minimum of 2.7 but 2.8 will be awesome, can't wait!!!!

:welcome: to the forum, bf2.

Some folks have gotten 250MHz or better at 3-3-3-1t with the Mushkin HP/Blue (currently they ship with silver heatspreaders), but on page four or five of this thread several folks posted that the current crop don't OC as well.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=395335

I hope you have better luck, but if they won't OC very far, just go for tight timings and use a divider. :)

Otter said:
:welcome: to the forum, bf2.

Some folks have gotten 250MHz or better at 3-3-3-1t with the Mushkin HP/Blue (currently they ship with silver heatspreaders), but on page four or five of this thread several folks posted that the current crop don't OC as well.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=395335

I hope you have better luck, but if they won't OC very far, just go for tight timings and use a divider. :)

So if I do get the blue heatspreader will I be one of the lucky ones? If so I hope that is the case. I have so much confidence in new egg that I don't think they will advertise a blue heatspreader and custumers recieve silver heatspreader version, if they do they should warn people, I guess for those who care about appearance. I know they did not have them in stock for a while just happened to see if they had them today and I freaked and immediately bought them. I just hope I get the overclockability and the boost everyone else seems to claim with battlefield 2.

They do warn people. Terms of Service and Policy agreements are not just for kicks and giggles.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/PolicyAgreement.asp

Product Revisions
Newegg.com is not responsible for changes or variations in product specifications and/or physical appearance. In the interest of our customers, Newegg.com puts forth its best efforts to ensure that all product information is up-to-date and factual. Unfortunately there are varying determinates which, although infrequent, could cause the information on our website to become outdated without our immediate knowledge. This includes but is not limited to new versions or revisions, color deviations, retail package alterations and other variations that may be considered inconsequential by the manufacturer. Newegg.com relies on the manufacturer to communicate these differences. Presently we have no way of alerting customers prior to purchase in the event the manufacturer fails to do so. Consequently, Newegg.com will not be held responsible for product revision changes.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQDetail.asp?Module=5

# Can Newegg.com ensure that I will get a specific serial number or stepping of a product?
Aside from certain items that are designated on our website, our enormous stock moves way too fast to tag a particular item, with a particular stepping, for a particular order. We ship what we have, when we have it.

# May I request/reserve a specific version or revision of a product?
Unless otherwise specified by the product description or title, we cannot guarantee that you will be shipped a specific revision or version numbers. Generally, our stock moves so fast that we have the latest version or revision of everything.

Yes, if the spreaders are blue, that's a good sign. I doubt newegg would update their pics quickly for a minor change like the color of the heat spreader, though.

Mushkin is using up the last of their silver heatspreaders before going to a finned design for all modules. I doubt the spreader has anything to do with it except that when the Mushkin got a really good batch of chips from Infineon, they were using the blue ones.

I just recieved the memory today but I am currently at work. I did recieve the platinum kind as verified by my girlfriend so I will post later on tonight for oc results. I am crossing my fingers I get a good batch....

Ri0 said:
Those won't OC very much. 225 will be all you will get out of them.
Actually people are getting above 250 with them. They use the Infineon BE-5 chips.

Sorry to say but im am rma'ing these back to new egg. I am very, very dissappointed with these, IMO they are crap. Could not even post 220htt 1:1. I also tried dividers but nothing over 225 with dividers. I am very disappointed, I am testing these with my system in above posts. :bang head :argue: :argue: I did not pay 293 bucks for mediocre ram. I will pay 15% restocking and get the crucial ballistix.

bf2 said:
Sorry to say but im am rma'ing these back to new egg. I am very, very dissappointed with these, IMO they are crap. Could not even post 220htt 1:1. I also tried dividers but nothing over 225 with dividers. I am very disappointed, I am testing these with my system in above posts. :bang head :argue: :argue: I did not pay 293 bucks for mediocre ram. I will pay 15% restocking and get the crucial ballistix.

BF2

call us and we can help you with those?

Duonger

800-569-1868 ext 208

bf2 said:

if they dont ddr400 2-3-2-5, then RMA is in order, if they do ddr400 2-3-2-5, then your really SOL with an RMA, cause well...its unethical, the only guarentee you ddr400 2-3-2-5, nothing higher.

bf2 said:

What timings are you trying to run them at 225?

I used stock settings at 2.8volts then 2.5 3 3 6 at 2.8volts, T1:1 could not post even at 210, now using 166 divider I was able to get up 225, but still disappointed nontheless. Maybe I will buy the 3700 series Mushkin or Crucial Ballstix. Only good thing was that there was a big difference playing bf2 at stock
timings, no stuter at all even when you begin level first few seconds. btw I went all the way up on vcore to 1.55 when trying to overclock, may I got bad memory sticks, just my luck.

Well join the 2gig club... I have the OCZ 2gig ram and couldn't get over 230 1:1.. Had to drop down to 166 while running the CPU at 250. Looking forward to trying the 183 divider with the nF4 ultra-d when I get it.

Back