• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pay for your new rig?!? Oo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraithlok

RCHN Stock.. I.e. Swiftech (www.swiftnets.com) is at .50 a share... not bad for a company doing 5.6 million projected sales in the next year. I loaded up on it and am planning my next rig with it's profits :)

That is if it goes up heh... but damn what a bargain!

In case of those who don't know who they are.. they make the STORM block.. best one out there! woo! :p

(and no I don't work for them.. just a joe schmoe investor)

and this is a good investment how? The longest thing I can get is a 5day average and in that its only dropping down from .7 to .45 now. So I'm not sure you can make much money off of this. However just incase my pessimist attitude is wrong I think I will get a few of these and at this price who can resist.

Yeah, looks like it went public June 29th, 2005 at .75 a share, peaked at around 1.29 a share on July 26th, 2005, and has been falling ever since. I may pick up few of these as well, but I think I'll let it fall a bit more first :)

There might be a very good reason why the price is falling, even if the company's products are solid. I'd look for it to make one of the classic bottom formations on the chart. Very basically, what you want to see is that the price rose from a low and could not make a new low despite the best efforts of the bears. Buying before that is highly speculative.

it's a guessing game as with a lot of IPO's.. the initial fervor died down and it looks slightly steady at .45/50 .. I am thinking that water cooling will be around for awhile and the company seems to be decently well run.

what I am really banking on is the storm block and there initial funds hopefully being directed to a more commercial market (imagine if they teamed up with Dell or Alienware for high end systems?)

Alienware, or especially Dell would come up with their own watercooling like they do for every other part of the computer except the processor and hard drive. Plus, I don't see them using watercooling for a while now. Remember that they don't overclock. Even if they added watercooling to make it quieter, that would be VERY expensive because they would need a total redesign of their case to put in a large enough radiator and pump to be able to run the fans quietly. I just don't see it happening. Dell doesn't care if their pentiums go over 60 C, all they care about is that it runs period. Dell has already shown they don't care about the noise in their XPS systems, because they get very loud when it is hot.

Even if they did team up with an OEM, they wouldn't be making much money. The oem would need the full watercooling system and retail those things cost an arm and a leg. No way they could get even close to that selling to oems.

Swiftech does make air cooling as well, something to consider. Also, CPUs are getting hotter and WCing is going to become more widespread as CPUs get hotter. wether or not the big computer builders end up with WCing is arguable.

Quailane said:
Alienware, or especially Dell would come up with their own watercooling like they do for every other part of the computer except the processor and hard drive. Plus, I don't see them using watercooling for a while now. Remember that they don't overclock. Even if they added watercooling to make it quieter, that would be VERY expensive because they would need a total redesign of their case to put in a large enough radiator and pump to be able to run the fans quietly. I just don't see it happening. Dell doesn't care if their pentiums go over 60 C, all they care about is that it runs period. Dell has already shown they don't care about the noise in their XPS systems, because they get very loud when it is hot.

Even if they did team up with an OEM, they wouldn't be making much money. The oem would need the full watercooling system and retail those things cost an arm and a leg. No way they could get even close to that selling to oems.

it will bounce around trust me. I am waiting for the quarterly spending report next quarter so when they show profit it should stabilize some more (crosses fingers).

Wraithlok said:
it will bounce around trust me. I am waiting for the quarterly spending report next quarter so when they show profit it should stabilize some more (crosses fingers).

ummm or not.....you do realized what OTC means right? I wouldn't touch another over the counter with a million foot pole....been burned too many times

Not exactly cooling related (other than the fact that it's about a cooling company), so I've moved it to GCRD. :)

JigPu

Back