• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest on flash disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omega Destroyer

Does anyone know how to put memtest on a flash stick, usb pen drive, usb key, or whatever it is you want to call it?
I tried using the rawrite program that it comes with but it won't write to a flash disk.
Any suggestions?

Omega Destroyer said:
I'm trying to reduce load times, I think a flash disk would be faster because it wouldn't have to spin up.
That's a very odd concern. Memtest spends 99% of its time torturing the memory for information, not loading. :D

"WHAT ARE ZE MAXIMUM CLOCKS?!"

Yeah I know, but if it finds an error within 2 seconds of starting, and you have to go back, tweak a timing and load again, most of the time is spent loading. I often have to reboot every 5 seconds and tweak timings so I figured speeding up boot times would be nice.
Maximum clocks? I haven't figured that out yet, still playing around with timings.

Back