• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does most TCCD chip based RAM can run 300MHz??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cemson

I just planning to buy a RAM with able to work at high frequency.

I know there are many TCCD RAM marked as PC3200 to PC5000!!!

I don't know is it the PC5000 really lot better than the PC3200 when they has the same type of chip??

I saw a G.Skill PC4400FC 1GB selling for a very cheap price, is it good?? it only $298 AUD.

fellow australian overclocker here.the only ram i know guaranteed to run at 300mhz+ would be the ocz pc4800 plats/elites.they can even do 2.5-4-3-7 1t timings with 2.8v at 325mhz! they are not exactly cheap though.

Last edited:
Big hello to all the Aussies :)

/*Offtopic*/
The Brits almost wiped you out in the second test. Great game though. :thup: to Warney and Ponting.

Back on topic, Its fair to say that most TCCD would hit a minimum of 275MHz (2.5-3-4-x-1T) on an NF3/NF4 chipset. I see that you have an Ultra-D (like me), so I'd say you will be in good shape. As for TCC5, the bar is a bit lower unless they are specifically binned. I assume you meant 512 x 2 Mb as opposed to a single 1Gb stick (loose default timings).

I'd prefer single stick UTT modules over TCCD, simple because one is guarenteed a performance boost as the DRAM Voltage is increased. TCCD will not repond to anything beyond 3.0 V (on an average), so you options are limited.

:beer:

S-N

avalanche83 said:
I have never seen pc3200 get DDR600. The highest I have seen it is at 280MHz. You would need high performance pc4000 or better.

I have 2 gigs of this stuff and both do DDR600 (Testing the third gig this weekend before I put it up FS) :p

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3893138&postcount=2

Thats why we have the DRAM Database, but sadly not many contributions...600+ views and only 5 people have contributed :(

Plenty of PC3200 does DDR600. However, I would not say that most TCCD/5 will achieve DDR600. Take a look at the TCCD/5 database at XS and you will see.

Buying higher binned RAM gives more of a chance of getting higher clocks, whereas PC3200 is more hit and miss.

SN, I didnt realize we had a database here, I will add my results.

Wow. Excelent ram S-N. I will post when my cpu gets here. I think I can get more than 280MHz out of it. hopefully:).

Attachments

• 280.JPG
    280.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
I did see many ppl boost their PC3200 to DDR600.

the one I bought is Gskill PC4400FC TCCD/TCC5 based, I think it might be the cheapest TCCD based ram.

I am currently using OCZ VX. I am not happy with this RAM, because it need so high voltage, so we normally need to use the 5v rail to feed it, but using 5V rail cause the MOBO extremely HOT, it would burn my finger if I touch it, absoluty! so I don't think it's good for long term using.

And VX running at 250MHz 2-2-2-6 doesn't faster than TCCD running at 300MHz 2.5-4-4-8.

If we don't use 5v rail to feed the RAM, then VX doesn't show good performance at all.

[edit] I will post the result when get my PC4400FC and the X2

so...that's why I decide to give up my VX.

cheap tccd results seem to vary, in the end it comes down to luck and compatibility.

what’s wrong with your current VX ram? what will you gain in performance and how much will it cost you? will you notice that extra bandwidth? can your cpu's memory controller handle 300MHz HTT 1:1? are just some of the things to consider before you part with your cash :)

some of the high end tccd represents very poor value for money when you consider DDR2 for AMD is about 12 months away

Last edited:
Cemson said:
I did see many ppl boost their PC3200 to DDR600.

the one I bought is Gskill PC4400FC TCCD/TCC5 based, I think it might be the cheapest TCCD based ram.

I am currently using OCZ VX. I am not happy with this RAM, because it need so high voltage, so we normally need to use the 5v rail to feed it, but using 5V rail cause the MOBO extremely HOT, it would burn my finger if I touch it, absoluty! so I don't think it's good for long term using.

And VX running at 250MHz 2-2-2-6 doesn't faster than TCCD running at 300MHz 2.5-4-4-8.

If we don't use 5v rail to feed the RAM, then VX doesn't show good performance at all.

[edit] I will post the result when get my PC4400FC and the X2

so...that's why I decide to give up my VX.

Mate,

You ought to have atleast one 80mm fan blowing over the 4V MOSFET. Failure to do would would shorten the lifespan of your board and possibly RAM!

DFI design the 5v rail and didn't say it need a Fan to cool the MOSFET, so I think it should not need a fan to cool it. Otherwise, it's a bad desgin.

And on another hand, not every one can fit the FAN, like me, I can't fit a Fan close to the MOFSET. There are nothing for me to use to hold a FAN on it. So it is unreasonable to require a Fan for the MOFSET. is it?

My VX go extremely BAD. on 3.2v, even can't work at 240MHz 2-2-2-x. the best it can is around 220MHz 2-2-2-x.

So I planning to buy a TCCD based, which not require too much voltage to work at a higher frequency with looser timings.

Cemson said:
DFI design the 5v rail and didn't say it need a Fan to cool the MOSFET, so I think it should not need a fan to cool it. Otherwise, it's a bad desgin.

And on another hand, not every one can fit the FAN, like me, I can't fit a Fan close to the MOFSET. There are nothing for me to use to hold a FAN on it. So it is unreasonable to require a Fan for the MOFSET. is it?

My VX go extremely BAD. on 3.2v, even can't work at 240MHz 2-2-2-x. the best it can is around 220MHz 2-2-2-x.

So I planning to buy a TCCD based, which not require too much voltage to work at a higher frequency with looser timings.

I use zip-ties to secure my fans to the MoBo tray. You might want to look up felinusz's coat hanger Mod to hold fans on the RAM and 4V MOSFET.

Can't go wrong with TCCD.

I just go myh PC4400FC

it able to works at 290MHz 2.5-4-4-10 and memtest show 3GB/s transfer rate, which is not bad than the VX.

who know any settings for TCCD so i can push it to a higher frequency.

Cemson said:
I just go myh PC4400FC

it able to works at 290MHz 2.5-4-4-10 and memtest show 3GB/s transfer rate, which is not bad than the VX.

who know any settings for TCCD so i can push it to a higher frequency.

nice...
my corsair cost $328AUD delivered so far I've managed to get it 312MHz 2T @ 2.75v

all_X29x312mhz%20copy.jpg

300x825437_0202.jpg

Bugeyes said:
nice...
my corsair cost $328AUD delivered so far I've managed to get it 312MHz 2T @ 2.75v

all_X29x312mhz%20copy.jpg

300x825437_0202.jpg

Nice!!! what timings you having for 312MHz 2T??

today I got my 4400FC to run at 300MHz 2.5-4-4-0 at 3.0v, I didn't try higher, but for a 298 dollar ram, i am so happy with it :)

but i can't set the voltage lower than 3.0v, otherwise get errors.

Can you tell me what the setting you set to your RAM??

Back