• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many computers do you have within arms reach?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many computers do you have within arms reach?

• 1 - 2 computers

Votes: 108 41.9%
  • 3 - 4 computers

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • 5 - 10 computers

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I work for NASA, I lost count years ago.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • We are Borg, resistance is futile...

Votes: 21 8.1%

• Total voters

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
I just nociced how many computers I have within arms reach of me tonight, and for the first time ever I feel like a complete computer nerd. Doesn't matter if they're yours or not. Just what you can move your arm and type on at present.

Last edited:
3 computers in arm reach. Main Rig (The Power House) Old Rig (Pentium 1 Dos Games Anyone?) Laptop (Fairly fast) :cool:

2-3 depending. I have my 2 main systems in my office and the Laptop comes and goes.

I would take a pic, but my desk looks horrible right now ;)

Last edited:
At this moment...only 4
Main and his buddy (both A64s), Xeon dually and a K6-2 that I'm revivng for a buddy. The other five, I would have to go into the other room ;)

This afternoon I had about 9 within arms reach at home. But.......... Those are all being setup for a business a friend is doing a job for so they should all be out the door in a day or 2(Most are low end P3s or P2s).

Normally I have just one "in arms reach". The other machine is about 15 feet away on the other side of the room so I get less audio interference between the 2 when playing LAN games.

Geuss I forgot to post how many brouhgt this on. At present I have 7 all within an arms reach. I have to lean a little (about 4" to my left) to get to two of them. But, they're all readily accessible. What's particularly sad is that only 4 of them are mine. The other three I'm working on for client's in my spare time to try and catch up to the backlog at work. :(

2 rig and a laptop. i voted 3 but not sure if that's suppose to be right :). they are all mine kakakka.

just one right now, if this was last year at college it was 16 at times when I was fixing computers for people on campus.

At work, too many to think about! From 1 PC, to like 10x 1.5TB 15 Stream Broadcast Video Servers :eek: .

At home, 2 or 3 at the most (I voted based on "At Home").

:cool:

This one and two laptops make 3. Also I am accumulating the parts for a cluster but nothing is together right now. Once I apply power to even part of it, I will count that as only one (my current goal is 8*2.5ghz=20ghz).

I have two that are already setup right next to each other, my main Sempron rig and my ICS rig.
If I go to the basement, I have my folder completely setup and on, a PMac 7300/180 that would need to be connected then turned on, a PC XT (I think) clone that just needs to be plugged in, and my mom's computer that just needs to be turned on behind me.
Back in my room, I have 6 that are behind my 2 that already on, but they would need to be setup, and may need a drive or two.

I guess that would only be two.

It depends where i am. If i am at home in my room its usually 2. My desktop and my laptop. If i am at work at the lab i am surrounded by hundreds of computer including p3 farms, the QCDOC super computer, sparc farms, and a whole bunch of other large amounts of computers. I dont know which one to select in the poll.

From where I'm presently sitting in my computer room, I have ready access to 7 computers. If I want to do something on the other 2 I just need to walk about 5 feet to the other desk.

I have 3 right now. Id have to go into other rooms to reach the other 6. So yeah, a lot :/.

Customers comp, bro's comp and mine.

Last edited:
Back