• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aa8XE doesn't support flashmenu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

yeah so I figured why I couldn't flash the bios, aa8xe doesn't support flash menu. How can I flash the bios without a floppy (I can't get any internal floppy to work period). Anyway to do it with a CD-Rom?

according to the the abit website and the flashmenu page, it does not support our board. I have never got it to work. ALways says bios locked. Am I doing somethign wrong?

Perhaps some versions of FlashMenu don't work with the AA8XE. I was thinking the FlashMenu program I used was on the mobo install CD. You might have to install all the EQ and Uguru stuff too. I always download the BIOS update onto my computer and then manually direct the program to the file I want. If the update is an .exe file, open it up (there will be a .bin file and .txt file and maybe something else). If you are overclocked, set the computer back to default speed. No use taking any risks.

I get this every time I try to flash the bios
aa8xe.jpg

edit stupid picture, error is the file is not support bios lock function

Back