• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have You Heard? If So Is It Possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

Just incase your completly out of the loop apple is switching to intel, in a press conference they have said that they are not going to prevent windows to be run on a mac but prevent osx to be run on pc computers. Is this going to be able to overcome? In the near am i going to be able to build a computer and install osx?

We won't know until we see what exaclty prevents OSX from running on pcs, but there is already a leaked version that will run on pcs just fine. What apple is doing is to add something to the mac that the os checks for before installing the OSX. By the way have you used OSX before or are you just curious? From what my experience with macs i didn't like how the OS is setup, windows was much easier to learn and more straigh forward.

The limitation may be in the BIOS or even in Mac ROM. No Mac ROM = not a Mac machine. It is possible to get around but it most likely involves a hardware level hack or a PCI card add on.

It'd be nice to dual boot XP and OSX but nearly all of Mac programs I have are from System 7 and OS 8 era and probably won't work under OSX. One program even crashes if you try to save your work and the default drive is >2GB. A couple games only runs in B&W mode and refuses to run if you don't have B&W mode set.

Looks like I'd either need to get an emulator or get my old 9600 back together and running again. :/

avg yes my parents have three ibooks and i used to have one (magnet + ibook = buying a new dell) and i wanted to use it for looping using garageband and audio recording. I wanted to build a good computer to beat the outragues titanium plated gold studed sexy beasts that are g5s but so damn expensive.

Back