• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Hate Tigerdirect!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
What the hell is wrong with that company? I placed an advanced replacement order on Monday around 9 AM EST. It is noon on THURSDAY. And my paypal is still waiting verification.

I placed an order with newegg on Tuesday at 3:23 PM EST through paypal. It just got delivered from CALIFORNIA at noon on Thursday. How can something be shipped from across the country with one company, while another company has not even accepted payment?

You'd think that since they messed up and gave me a faulty product, they might be quick about it, but nope not tiger direct. It took 10 days (including a weekend) for me to get my product (which ended up faulty). I wouldn't have even dealt with them again but I had to in order to get a replacement. Add me to the list of FORMER tiger direct customers! :welcome:

not me. I like them. I got some cheapo ram (256MB in pc2100 and pc2700) for $1.99 each after rebate...git both rebates too. They take awhile to ship though.

Everything I've ordered from them has come on time. I rarely order from them anymore, but I will still purchase from there if the price is right and/or I just can't find that particular product anywhere else.

Here's a wee bit of info on TD.

I'm a Mod at ABIT's Forum, and I tend to hang out in the General Tech section. Almost every day, someone posts with a problem, that looks like it shouldn't be there. New mobo, new CPU, new PSU, new memory. ABIT mobo, Intel or AMD CPU, and the rest is Ultra brand stuff.

So, I ask, TD bundle? They say yes. I say to replace ALL of the Ultra stuff, and they post back, that everything is now working just fine.

I remember hearing, some time ago, that the Ultra X-Connect was just a re-packaged PowMax PSU,but Ultra later fixed that, and is now using a half-decent manufacturer. Something tells me, TD is selling off the older (PowMax) PSUs, in their bundle packages.

So, TigerDirect has more than just shipping problems. Consider yourself lucky, if you don't get the products you ordered.

steve

So after waiting exactly 14 days for my Advance Replacement to ship, it now says backordered. I'm going to call Tiger Direct and cancel my order. Then go through Ultra and see if that's any better. Oh and on a side note, I ordered something from Newegg Tuesday night, and it's being delivered today (Thursday) ALONG with 3 free gifts (a shift, a hat, and a mouse pad). Another reason newegg ownz.

Back