• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about 4-pin/8-pin Power Connector on P5WD2-Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
well, i see that the 8-pin power connector on the motherboard has is blocked off so that it only allows a single 4-pin P4 connector to plug into it, but the peice of plastic blocking the other half of it is easily removed, and i have an OCZ Powerstream 600w, which has a 8-pin connector on the lines

Since the manual says nothing (that i've found so far) i was wondering if its OK to use the 8-pin connector from my OCZ Powerstream after removing the plastic plug blocking off half of the power connector on the motherboard (i assume that its OK, but i'm just checking my assumption)

TIA
-Justin

Attachments

• Picture 140.jpg
    Picture 140.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
That plastic piece is only there to guide people who are using a 4 pin into putting it into the right jack :).

What you must do since you have the proper hardware is to remove the plastic plug and use the 8-pin like I am :)

The manual doesnt explain it well but you are supposed to use an 8 pin power plug on there.

IMG_2051.jpg

Back