• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bf2 Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Griffiths

Hi all

My current pc MS-6570 (K7N2 Delta-L) amd xp3200, 512 pc3200 ram and 6600gt has run my preferred game Call of Duty faultlessly, However since Bf2 has hit the servers its starting to struggle, Gfx are ok (low) Its the slow level loading and game stutters thats spoiling the Bf2 experience. Its more ram that my system needs and as a stop gap until i go socket 939 i have another stick (identical) of kingston KVR400 ram. Problem is when both sticks are fitted the machine falls over under load, the machine will run either of the sticks singularly but not as a pair.

Can anyone suggest any bios tweaks to enable them to run as a pair, bios is latest version..

Cheers

Griff

What do you mean falls over under load, is it unstable or just reboots? what psu do you have? Also do what Steveocz is saying, because if it is just unstable loosening the timings might help get it stable.

The 2Gb GeIL DDR RAM PC3200 has gone in the machine and worked a treat. My son is happy too as the 1Gb of kvr400 ram that was causeing my machine to crash is now sat happily in his Gigabyte 2004 RZ Mobo...

Back