• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel or more memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Would having an extra 256mb of RAM yield more performance versus having 256mb less but running in dual channel? ie. 1280mb or 1024mb DC

Once you hit 1GB, adding another 256mb isn't really going to make a difference in any application, especially if it precludes running in dual channel. Stick with 1024 DC.

Mustanley said:
Once you hit 1GB, adding another 256mb isn't really going to make a difference in any application, especially if it precludes running in dual channel. Stick with 1024 DC.

True, but I do think for games like BF2 more memory is always better..

yes, but an extra 256 won't make that big of a dif. if we were talking 2gb vs 1gb, i would say "sure okay, but do benches" for 1280 vs 1024 it isn't worth not running in DC for.

dreamtfk said:
True, but I do think for games like BF2 more memory is always better..

qtf and agreed...that is the one, and only reason i would ever switch to anything higher than 1gb of memory, but i really dont play bf2 as hardcore or as often so

Back