• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comp doesnt want to start!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spino

Registered
Hi, my comp doesnt want to start since 2days. I though it was my PSU but i put a new one and it doesnt want to start. When i start the comp, all the lights open, my fans start runnin same for cdlectors but it seems to not detect the mobo (dont open the screen, all usb doesnt get detected -> mouse - keyboard...) btw normally the comp make a little BIP when the mobo got detect but theres no more bip...

so if anyone can help me with this...

ah my comp is P4 3.0c @ 3.4 / P4C800E-DX / 2x512mo ddr Corsair 3200 + OCZ ddr ram booster / Asus Radeon 9800XT + ATI silencer 3 / theres 2 sound card / 2 HD - 160g seagate + 80g western dig. / bunch of fans with a fan controller...

Is this a new motherboard? Did you take it apart and then put it back together and now it doesn't start? Did you do anything out of the ordinary that could possibly make it not POST?
Try reseating your video card.
Try bootingwith only one stick of RAM; and then try with the other stick.
Try booting with only the bare minumum components installed (video card, 1 stick of RAM, CPU, keyboard.)
Try taking it all out and then put it all back in, maybe there is a wire shorting out somewhere you don't know about.
Check and re-check all of your cables and connections.

It may be the ugly truth that your motherboard is dead, but do some more extensive troubleshooting before you settle on that conclusion.

ok, i was playing to WoW when my pc suddenly crash and when i tried to reboot i was not able to start this comp... but ill try what u said.

thx 4 helpin me and if u have other suggestions, tell it to me thx!

Some people like to take everything off the board and try to start it. It should beep all to hell if its working. If you get nothing then the board is most likely fried.

If it does beep then put the cpu and ram back in and turn it on. If it beeps again then put your video card in. If it doesnt beep then take the ram out and try it.

If it beeps without the ram then you have bad memory. If it doesnt then your CPU might be bad.

If it doesnt post with your video card then try another card. If it still doesnt post then it might be your agp slot, try a pci card. You might have to clear the cmos to get the pci card to load.

Also it would help to look up the beep codes for your bios. Do a search for beep codes here and there is a sticky with a large list of different codes. That should tell you what the problem is when it is happening.

In any case good luck and i hope you figure it out. :)

JT

Back