• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Full-Sized Case Should I Get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiGhItTeR

Registered
Hey guys,

Here's what I want to get: A black FULL tower case. Right now I'm leaning towards the thermaltake Armor, because it is black, big, well-built, and not too pricey. However, I've heard somewhere else that they are coming out with a new and improved one, is that true?

Preferably, I'd like something more professional than the armor with no side window like the antec p180, yet being a full tower. I also like the idea of not having the usb/firewire/sound ports on top, somewhere on the front would be much better. Are there any cases like a larger sized p180 that isn't $200+? Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

I am using the Antec Performance TX 1050B with Antec Smart Power 2.0 500W modular. The psu is strong, and the case is really big and spacious. I love it, it may not be as flashy as the p180. but it does look pretty professional (no window or Modder look). It a really strong design being an antec.

I like it because its almost like a clean sheet for me to mod.

Lian Li PC-7077b (black) is a 100% aluminum case which can be easily modded. It is a very strong case.

I love the stacker and fully recommend it. If you want you should check out the stacker 830 that is coming out soon. I will have to find the pics because they arnt posted everywhere yet.

As for the stacker it has 12 slots total. The control panel takes up one of them. Last night I took it apart and found you could put 12 independant devices in if you decide you dont want the front panel and are going to move the power/reset switch somewhere else. Very cool I must say!

JT

When is it coming out? black version? msrp? this is what I want, this is perfect. Thank you, if it's not over $200 shipped then I want it.

Well they said before some modding contest ends because it is one of the prizes. They are getting very close to releasing it. Dropping hints on their forums every once in awhile. Teaser pics and the like. I am not positive on details but my brother wants one as well for his new computer so im watching it intently.

JT

Last edited:
Do u think it will be like the same price as the stacker now? And are we talking about in the next week they'll be out, or more like a month+? Thanks for the information. I have to get this case!

Back