• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shipping a computer w/o taking it apart?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroAquaduct

What's the best way to ship a complete system without taking it apart?

I'm helping a buddy of mine build a computer. He's living in another province, so I have to ship it to him. Unfortunately, I would not be able to take the computer apart and ship it to him because he doesn't know how to build computers. Connecting external cables, like the monitor, keyboard, and mouse, is basically all he knows.

I know companies like Alienware or Voodoo ship complete "ready out of the box" systems to its customers, so there's got to be a way that's safe to ship computers. Does anyone have experience in this?

Thanks in advance.

Most packaging stores (Mail Boxes, FedEx points that pack items and the like) know how to pack computers properly. That would be your best bet, although you'd have to pay for it obviously. The Computers discussion board on ebay has a few people who sell and ship PCs and they may have some insight.

Back