• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so um, the dualie has begun - excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

So yeah. Today I got the first part of my xeon dualie. A REAL xeon dualie. I have a dual p3 slot 700 server behind me that gives me a keyboard light but no video (no agp-pro terminator) and a slot2 xeon 450 in my garage that's just laying there. But now I got a real one! Yes, I'm excited.

Today, I got the processors. Two 1.6 lv's that are cpu-z registered at 3.354ghz stable, 4 instances of p95, for 40+ hours on air.

1600dp/512/400/1.3v
SL6XK Costa Rica
3320a272-0652 and 0653 - yes, consecutive cores

These bad boys are getting slapped in a PC-DL that's getting vdimm and chip modded, vdroop if necessary. Ram, the 2gb of bh-5 in my sig.

It's a shame that I haven't ordered cooling yet.... or a video card.
I'm going for 2x6002-px, a DD maze-4 chipset and custom vrm waterblock found here. This with a d5 and bip2.

As long as I break 3.2 I'll be happy. I'm shooting for silence here which is why I'll be putting weather stripping on my case's pannel joints and sound deadening the whole thing.

I still haven't decided on a video card yet which is bad because I'll have a pci Rage Pro to suppliment me until then. Funny thing is I'll have a useless video waterblock hanging in the air until I get a card.

Wish me luck!

As long as you'll have pictures I'll wish you luck ;)

JK!

Good luck and get some beauty shots of it if you can.

I had big dreams for that PC-DL, but events turned me towards a new path. Thankfully you're doing everything I ever wanted with that board. Really excited to see how it turns out. Good luck with it.

Oh yeah, don't forget pictures!!!

Last edited:
I should be getting it today or tomorrow, right? I'll have to zip-tie a socket-a heatsink to the board to make sure both cpus show up and are recognized. I am placing the waterblock order as I type.

VRM block, I was talking with someone at 2cpu.com about buying his but I'm still waiting for him to get back to me. He is willing to part and I offered a price but we'll see.

Yup, board was sent tuesday priority 2-3 days so I'm betting on today, but we all know how usps can be sometimes. I saw that VRM waterblock and would have loved to make one but I'm not that talente; well maybe I am, but I don't have the tools to do it how I would have liked.

Be careful with the ziptied heatsink, wouldn't want to see one of those gems go up in smoke. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

I need to clear my throat...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!11one

ahem.

Okay, two 6002-px and one 875 maze4-chipset blocks have been ordered and it all should be here on monday.

I finally got the two 6002's and maze 4 today. Caught the UPS guy as I was leaving for work. I also picked up the PC-DL - it got caught at the post office. All I'm waiting on is the custom vrm block which should be here in 7-10. I also need to find some push fittings for the mcw-50, some 1/2" tubing, some decent fans, and a 6800 adapter plate for the mcw-50 and I'm all set.

pwnt by pat i have a water block that i made for my vrms from that guide and it works great my vrms temps were up around 80ºC and now under full load running 4 copies of prime it only gets to 54ºC and idles at 42ºC. Now if that guy does not come through on the VRMS water block i can build one for you

Back