• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
Hi,

Here's a screenshot of my sensors:

I've put my finger on which are what (I hope) except for one. I don't know what the ACPI temp is. Matching Speedfans output with ABIT-EQ I have determined that:

Temp2: CPU
Temp3: PWM
Temp1: SYS
HD0: HDD of course.

Temp1 (ACPI): ???

I looked up the definition of ACPI but I still don't really understand what, in specific, it's reading. Could that be my video card, even though it's rather old (Geforce 4 MX 420)?

Thanks ahead.

eystan said:
I had sort of this problem when I got a unknown temp reading myself.It turned out to be my viewsonic monitor :shrug:go figure.

Hmmm, just so happens I have a viewsonic monitor (Ultrabrite A90f+). :)

Perhaps this is the case for me, too.

CPU = CPU
PWM should be your North Bridge
SYS should be your System Temp (close to case)

APCI looks at an Alt CPU temp reading.
Does is closley reflect the CPU temp?
Run your system under full load and check.
What temp does it Mirror?
Like i said, my money is on the CPU.

Also, Please do not double post
FYI the other thread will most likely get deleted
Thanks again

I don't truly know the answer to the original question, but Jay, on an Abit the PWM temp is the power circuitry and mosfets. The system temp is measured near the N/B chip. I have seen direct evidence of these facts by installing better N/B cooler and seeing the system temp go down and sinking the mosfets and seeing the PWM temp decrease.

I'm thinking you'd get more responses if I merged this thread with the one in cooling and then deleted this thread, since someone who had the answer, but not this motherboard would reply. I doubt people will respond to the other thread due to the admonishment in it about double posting. I would edit those posts out if I merged the two. For the moment, I will let the two coexist until you have a definitive answer. I'd like to know also as that particular temp shows up on my Speedfan display also.

I don't have your motherboard, but I do know, on my system (see sig), the ACPI Temp 1 is not the CPU, nor the GPU temp. I have a Dell flat panel display using DVI cable and if I turn it off for a few minutes, then back on, that temp has not changed.

Hoot

SYS temp is messured from a sensor INSIDE the chip itself (in this case the mentioned "Winbond"). So if it's close to the NB its fan can change "SYS" temp.

Thank god the I2C patches r included in gentoo's sources (2.6.X), so lm_sensors is quite easy to install & configure :cool:

Back