• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System failed CPU test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

I have a recently RMA'd P4C800e deluxe board that is running a 3.2e proc. this is the wife's machine and has never been overclocked. yesterday when she went to boot it started give the post message "System failed cpu" and will not boot absoultly no video. I tried all the usally stuff: replaced mem, video and cpu . All these components work on my dfi 875 board. My question is: Has anyone recoverd from this error? or do I have to do another RMA with this board which would be my third RMA. (i am starting to lose faith in ASUS boards)

mgoode said:
I have a recently RMA'd P4C800e deluxe board that is running a 3.2e proc. this is the wife's machine and has never been overclocked. yesterday when she went to boot it started give the post message "System failed cpu" and will not boot absoultly no video. I tried all the usally stuff: replaced mem, video and cpu . All these components work on my dfi 875 board. My question is: Has anyone recoverd from this error? or do I have to do another RMA with this board which would be my third RMA. (i am starting to lose faith in ASUS boards)

That's not a good sign, try resetting CMOS and removing battery, if that fails RMA the board.

my asus p4pe recently started doing this about 4 months back.

When I power off the machine and leave it over night. 50% of the time it'll give this system failed cpu test error. After hitting the reset button a couple of times it seems to come up again. I figured it was the power supply, so i got a power stream 520 watter...with the same result.

Did you problem get progessively worse? or just start all of a sudden?

all of a sudden. I got my rma set it up no overcloks. the wife doesn't even do much on the pc. guess i have to rma again. that sucks :bang head

Back