• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning you RAM: how do you do it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
guillaume said:
Thansk Dragon - I also saw there is a sticky on this :)
Btw, is burning the CPU also recommended before O/Cing?

YES, its very important that you burn in your RAM and CPU as well while in the process of OC'ing. If you don't it will require lot more Vdimm and Vcore then it would after your burn it in.
Case and point my proc took 1.61V on the Vcore to do 2610MHz and after about 48hours of burn in now I'm able to run it on 1.58V. When burning in your CPU I storngly suggest that you use CPU-Burn in and disable error checking because if you do it with Prime95 and leave it running it may not work because when you get error it automatically stops. This way I just leave CPU-Burn in to run over night without error checking and I don't worry about it bailing out.

At least 24hrs is good but I think 2days is optimal. Some people on this forum do more than a week.

-1cem4n

that guide is wierd...what would running at lowest possible voltage do? Doesn't seem to fit the title burning-in. I have never overclocked so I don't know how to burn-in. I just updated my sig since I ordered my new parts. This is an important concern of mine though.

Back