• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think this is bs but you be the judge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

My friend says he achieved these temps with just a few fans and no case side.

4ghzwow1hi5cf.jpg

It's summer too mind you.

I don't believe the temps. either they are photoshoped or he just googled for the image.

Is that even possible without water cooling and aircondition? Hell is that even possible period?

damn 2.4 to 3.9 seems kinda of impossible, you can try loading the image into image viewer and zooming in alot to the numbers to c if they were edited

are we talking temps or speed? i have combed that image and i don't see temps.

Sentential said:
Please explain to me why a 2.4C's multiplier isnt 12?

that just caught my attention as well. would it have to be an engineering sample?

EDIT: is it a B and not C?

Last edited:
It would have to be an engineering sample...that doesn't make sense. It's pretty rare for a 2.4GHz CPU to hit 3.9GHz...that's a lot of volts.

I still don't see temps...

Wouldn't something like that cause sudden death for a Northwood?

Last edited:
who cares...have something that can boot or post at x.x speed and then crashes is worthless.

Yeah, I hate it when people talk about their 'uber fast/l33t' PCs. But what it comes down to is stability. A PC running at ~4ghz is no good if you don't even get a chance to login before it powers down.

Sentential said:
Please explain to me why a 2.4C's multiplier isnt 12?
It's C1 core stepping (P4-2.4b) 133x18=2400. The very best C1 chips I've seen were operable at 3.6GHz or a touch above, a screenie at 1.82V at 3.9GHz is possible. Stable operation at that speed is not, unless you freeze the thing (and it would die soon anyway).

My SL6LA 1.8a (C1) did 3.42GHz in daily use at 1.725V. I recently tested a C1 1.8a produced March of this year that does ~3.2GHz. 3.6GHz remains the outer limits for C1 chips, no matter how new the production.

Back