• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin "Name Our Heatsink" Contest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who

I couldn't find info on their site about it, but I got the info from EOC. Info here: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=183853
Mushking is running a contest on their website to get endusers, customers, friends, reviewers to help give a name to their new heatsink. They have started shipping them with the REDLINE memory products. But starting next week, they will start shipping all their memory with the new design.

All you have to do is submit your entry to: [email protected]

The contest will:
- Start - Friday - August 19, 2005
- End - Friday - August 26, 2005

The winner will be given his or her choice of 1GB worth of memory. Any 1GB combination. 2x512MB or 1 single 1GB module!

Get those creative juices flowing and SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES!

Just got a reply from Mushkin about the contest, I submitted the name "Frostbite", They told me they are going to go with "Frost Byte", The rep from Mushkin said that since I was so close to the name they ended up choosing that they are still going to send me out a nice "care" package, Pretty classy on their part IMO.

ScottinIndy said:
Just got a reply from Mushkin about the contest, I submitted the name "Frostbite", They told me they are going to go with "Frost Byte", The rep from Mushkin said that since I was so close to the name they ended up choosing that they are still going to send me out a nice "care" package, Pretty classy on their part IMO.
That is HOT... I mean COOL!!

LOL... wow... I like your self-confidence, although homestar is too puny for that!

Well I must say when Mushkin said they were going to send me out a package Asap, They weren't kidding, Lee from Mushkin E-mailed me Wednesday telling me they would send me a care package Asap, It arrived today, 2 nice T-shirts, 2 nice Pens, A sports bottle, 2 window decals and 2 metal badge decals. Very nice quality promo merchandise.
I just sent him a thank you E-mail and told him I was a member on this site and that their products were rated well by many of the users here.

ScottinIndy said:
Well I must say when Mushkin said they were going to send me out a package Asap, They weren't kidding, Lee from Mushkin E-mailed me Wednesday telling me they would send me a care package Asap, It arrived today, 2 nice T-shirts, 2 nice Pens, A sports bottle, 2 window decals and 2 metal badge decals. Very nice quality promo merchandise.
I just sent him a thank you E-mail and told him I was a member on this site and that their products were rated well by many of the users here.
Congradulation and thankyou for your submission! The idea "frostbite" is really good and definatly something that I had not thought of. As far as I recall another one we were considering before yours was "razorback". I like yours better :)

EDIT: Btw I got a carepackage from Lee as well and you arent kidding...it IS *really* nice. Ive got a decal on my car window as well as my case. :)

EDIT2: What RAM did ya get? :bday:

Sentential said:
Congradulation and thankyou for your submission! The idea "frostbite" is really good and definatly something that I had not thought of. As far as I recall another one we were considering before yours was "razorback". I like yours better :)

EDIT: Btw I got a carepackage from Lee as well and you arent kidding...it IS *really* nice. Ive got a decal on my car window as well as my case. :)

EDIT2: What RAM did ya get? :bday:

I didn't get any RAM, Since Frostbyte was the winner. I'm honestly very pleased with my consolation prize! I am currently using Redline RAM in this computer, Although with it being an H.P. computer I can't really take advantage of it's potential, I do however believe in the value of having high quality RAM in a computer!! :) My first build will be coming up soon, Mushkin will be the memory of choice in it as well!!

Back