• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XL 2x512

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RMT99e

Hey for this ram, what are the best voltages, timings, and BIOS would be when running that ram on an NF7-S v2??

I talked to a some people and did some research and found out that this works just fine with the NF7-s v2 i was looking for. I am going to use this bios: TicTac Mantaray XT BIOS D26.

Well, once you play with them, you may find other bios will work better. Of course, the MantraRay XT's may work great for you, too. It's a good starting point, but it's something you can't determine until you actually HAVE your sticks in the system and everything all set up. I probably tested over 20 different bios variants between D23 and D26. The Merlin bios, which everyone raved over, absolutely would NOT perform in my system. The MantaRays worked on my other system that was identical to my main one, but not on my main. I eventually got my best results with the D24's. One day I switched out ram and then switched it back after 10 minutes. The D24's were no longer stable at my speeds anymore. I did nothing but take a stick out, put a different stick in, then take that out and put my original stick in. But that's just the way these things go sometimes.

So, I ended up with the D26 Splitfire CPC-Off (don't recall which bpl table variant it was) to finally get back "up to speed," so to speak.

The biggest thing I'd look around these forums for is what voltage TCC5 likes to run at, as you and I have been PMing about voltmods and you don't want to fry your ram.

After doing a quick search of this section for "TCC5 voltage," it looks like most people don't run over 3.0v into their TCC5, and most of them consider that "high."

Generally, you'll probably be running 2.7 to 2.8 volts, so you won't need any vdimm volt mods to raise the voltage. The NF7 tends to overvolt a little, so setting it to 2.8 volts can really yield closer to 2.9v, and the highest setting of 2.9v can put you close to 3.0v. Most people prefer this, as they lowest voltage setting is rarely ever used, and this gives them a smidge more to play with on the top-end of the voltage range.

yes, I did some reading and found that TCC5 Doesn't like alot of voltage, the max vdimm should be like 3.1v.

:D, I found the thread.

-XL PC3200
TCC5
RedDragonXXX, 290MHz, 3.2V ,2.5-4-3-8

I guess they don't mind the higher voltages that much. Excellent results my man

RMT99e said:
:D, I found the thread.

-XL PC3200
TCC5
RedDragonXXX, 290MHz, 3.2V ,2.5-4-3-8

I guess they don't mind the higher voltages that much. Excellent results my man

Yea, longest I active cool them they can provide good results and they won't take anything below 3.2V in order to do 290MHz.

yeah, cooling shouldn't be a problem for me i got awesome airflow.. Im at a local lan center now, my PSU blew :D kinda funny.. i got a new one coming in the mail soon..

Back