• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next best thing to Mushkin DDR2 6400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

I tried to buy a pair of Mushkins XP6400 but they are backordered. What’s the next fastest memory available. I have a computer sitting here with everything but memory so I need something as soon as possible.

Sorry crimedog I dont know how I missed your post in my other thread. The corsair pc5400ul looks like very nice stuff. Timings of 3-2-2-8 at 675MHz. Looks very very tempting. Do you have any idea if the 8000ul would allow such tight timings at a lower frequency of 675?

I was on the phone with mushkin yesterday. They told me it wouldn't be till late September. Not that it matters because newegg shows them in stock. That corsair still looks tempting tho. Especially since I already own a pair of mushkin. Those low timings looks very tempting to me. What to do :shrug:

Get the lower timings. With a little extra voltage any DDR2 will run lots faster than they are rated. My OCZ EB rev2 PC2-4200 is rated 3-2-2-8 at DDR2-533, yet with 2.1v it'll do 3-2-2-6 DDR2-720.

Back