• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 and SpeadFan v4.25

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

I have always used MBM5 in the past to monitor my temps. Decided to try speedfan today but it is showing a Temp of 118c. I used asus probe to confirm that Temp1 is my case and Temp2 is CPU temp. Can anyone tell me what that Temp3 is? Looks a kinda scary.

That is a bad temp reading of the NB. When I rand SpeedFan that same thing occured, readings of like 118c+. It's really a bad reading the temp of the NB, I found this out by running Sandra system monitor and when I compared the 2 temps, Sandra was reading the temp as being half as much so like SpeedFan=120c\Sandra=60. This also happened on my P5AD2-E and I did the same comparisons, except PC Wizard would also read a temp half as much as SpeedFan. However PC Wizard is unable to get a reading from this sensor on the P5WD2.

Edit: Forgot to tell you this, when this was occuring on my P5AD2-E, I got soo scared that my NB sink was mounted wrong and going to kill the board, that even though I had the NB sink on there with Arctic Alumina Epoxy, I still tried removing it to reseat it and in the process I cracked the NB and killed the board. This was before I knew frezzing the board would make this more plausable.

Yes I remember reading about you killing your MB in another thread somewhere. Simply sucks. I didn't know about that freezing trick thats good to know. Sounds like its nothing to worry about and I'll just ignore it. We all mis MBM5 don't we.

Back