• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Right now I'm running my RAM (according to Sandra) at 2-2-3. I was running at 2-2-2, but I needed different timings to run at a higher bus. My bus right now is at 144 (from 141). Are there better timings than this so I can get a higher bus width?

Thanks

My best advice is to just experiment with your memory settings. Don't forget to benchmark after every change- sometimes the FSB will be higher, but due to the slower timings required, your performance may drop. I've found that there aren't any magic numbers, and what works for one system might not work for another. Your best bet, if you don't want to take the time to experiment is to find someone with the same mobo/memory, and do what they're doing. You may also be limited by your CPU speed, so If you have stability problems after you change your memory settings, try backing of your multiplier by a notch or two. If you still have stability problems, it's the memory, and you should try different settings. Oh, and remember to record what settings you use. You wouldn't want to have to do this all over again after resetting your CMOS.

I have found that i get way better sandra scores with my ram at 145fsb and cas2 than i do at 166fsb and cas2.5. Remember, MHZ isnt everything :)

yeah, I realized that. I had my FSB at 145 stable at 2-3-3, but my mem scores were horrible. I throttled it back to 2-3-2 w/ 144, but still bad.

upped my Multiplier to 9.0 and FSB to 141 and set my timings back to 2-2-2. Great memory scores and 1270 Mhz (from 1000)

thx for the help.

Back