• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about installing new ram.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AG= Devilhorse

I just added another gig to my system. Its the same memory that was already in it but for some reason the new gig the timings are off. They are suppose to be 2,2,2,5. Its coming up like 2,4,4,8.

The mobo was already overclocked when I installed them. Do I need to reset the bios and do a fresh install to get the timings right? The other stuff was installed at stock but has kept the 2,2,2,5 timings even after being overclocked. Also after installing it it cut it from ddr 400 to 200.

Also using cpuz SPD timings Table the older memory only shows one list column at 2,2,2,5 while the new stuff shows two columns one of 2.5,4,4,8 and 3.0,4,4,8.

All this just trying to make a stupid game run right. :bang head

Are they matched sticks of RAM? And what do you have the memory set to in the BIOS?

Oh yes they are matched bought together in a kit. I have it at 5:4 in the bios and have the overall sytem running 2,2,2,5 in the bios but the new chips are defaulted showing 2,4,4,8 in cpuz. I have adjusted it to spd and got the same results it set it at 1:1. Like I say the first gig that I built the system with are the exact same thing and it runs fine.

This is the memory

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820141148

Last edited:
=AG= Devilhorse said:
I just added another gig to my system. Its the same memory that was already in it but for some reason the new gig the timings are off. They are suppose to be 2,2,2,5. Its coming up like 2,4,4,8.

The mobo was already overclocked when I installed them. Do I need to reset the bios and do a fresh install to get the timings right? The other stuff was installed at stock but has kept the 2,2,2,5 timings even after being overclocked. Also after installing it it cut it from ddr 400 to 200.

Also using cpuz SPD timings Table the older memory only shows one list column at 2,2,2,5 while the new stuff shows two columns one of 2.5,4,4,8 and 3.0,4,4,8.

All this just trying to make a stupid game run right. :bang head
I thought 2gig (4x512) will not give you same timing as (2x512).
Try the new set by itself and see if it will give you the spec. in auto. if not then your new set is not as good as your first.
Try below, are TCCD but $156,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220033

Back