• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about power to a P4P800-MX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I just got one to go with my celly, im pretty new to all this p4 stuff so forgive me.

p4p800mx1ty.jpg
I plug my PSU into the normal spot there on the right where it says atxpwr right...

ok first of all will these mobos run without the cpu in ? i was jus ttesting it cause i know some older ones will post without a cpu & mem, i had mem in though, one stick.

also when running dual chan it should be same size and speed right, also one in each bluw slot ? ok anyways i plug my psu in and the led on the mobo lights up, but it wont power up for me when i turn it on :/ i hear the psu start, but it wont fire up the mobo. whats is that 12v thing for ? thanks for the help.

just read the /pdf manual it says this mobo nEEDs this extra opwer, is there anyways i can make one ? I've got an extra psu.

As far as I know you have to populate the cpu socket.You will also find out(if you haven't already)the bios for this is pretty limited.You have no options to change the voltage(vdimm or vcore) & you only have a few fsb setting change's,As a result I ended up using cpufsb & cpucool for my oc'ing.As for your psu it need's to be p4 compliant(it will have the square plug) All that being said I've been happy with my Mb (check out my sig.)

now i must dare ask haha, how are the iG2 ? pretty crappy 64mb of shared ram ?

Probably as good as any onboard video.....I don't think there's any need for more explanation.

Just get a $3 P4 -> molex adaptor and I stated in your other thread and your all set :D

what was this board intended for, its use ? not gaming... value, but why would they set it up with dual chan ddr 400 and sata ?

DDR-PIII said:
what was this board intended for, its use ? not gaming... value, but why would they set it up with dual chan ddr 400 and sata ?

Those features do help overall performance, not just gaming. Plus they are already implemented in the chipset so its not expensive to add them into the package.

I think this mb work's good in low to midrange desktop system's.The sound is very good & I haven't got any complaint's about the mb.Aside from it's lack of oc'ing capability it's a decent board.

Back