• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo shot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLcK

Unfortunately my h20 rig leaked onto my new vid card (X850XT :bang head )while i was playing cs:s and the rig was on for 9 hours(slow killer leak) and bam everything shuts off completely. I immediately notice that the power led is still on i clean up the water as quick as i can and try to reboot the next day (used a hair dryer on it right after) so i try to boot up again and nothing goes on when i hit the power switch. So im thinking its the vid card so i take it out goto 1 stick of ram and nothing goes on. So i believe its the mobo thats been shot and potentially the cpu and my new vid card. maybe even the ram too but any thoughts?

Last edited:
i guess my assumption is correct - from the silence. If i were to buy a new mobo a different model thats oc'able would it make xp pro itchy and say you must reinstall XP cuz you had too many hardware changes?

Ouch! Very unfortunate, that!

Yeah it sounds to me like it could be time to shop. If you do get a different model mobo it is almost certain you will have to re-install. As you put it, XP will "get itchy" about all the different chip sets.

Back