• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AL8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caubecari

Registered
I have an Abit board, cpu 3.0 530J. I can overclock to about 3.360 can't go higher. The FSB I can set to 227 for max, but I can go to 224(the voltage stable at 1.3V, running very cool at 30C), when I set to 225 it freeze, I increase the voltage to 1.5V but it still freeze. I updated to latest bio but useless. Any ideas? Thanks

Almost sounds like PCI or PCI-E running too far out of spec. Lock the PCI to 33 and lock the PCI-E to 100 MHz. Until you get everything sorted out, just set the memory ratio to 1:1 for now. That should eliminate any possible RAM bottleneck.

Overclocking Abit Al8 With 530j

can some one please help and show me how to overclock Abit al8 motherboard with 530j 3.0ghz to 3.6ghz? i have FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A ATX12V 500W Power Supply=Model #: AX500-A
and OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 533=memory model OCZ25331024VDC-K

i try to overclock from bios even from software come with motherboard. my system run very stable when i set fsb 200 to 224x15=3360mhz with cpu&memory voltage detected by motherboard
and my system can't boot to windows when i raise 224 to 225fsb even i raise cpu voltage from 1.35v to 1.45v, or higher and memory voltage 1.8v to 2.0v or higher.
so is there any way to overclock my system run as high as possible? :bang :bang head
my motherboard and cpu i bought from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813127208
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16819116200

please try to reply and understand me if my english not good!!

Almost sounds like PCI or PCI-E running too far out of spec. Lock the PCI to 33 and lock the PCI-E to 100 MHz. Until you get everything sorted out, just set the memory ratio to 1:1 for now. That should eliminate any possible RAM bottleneck.

µGuru utility in bios has only pci-e setting doesn't have pci . I already set pci-e to 100mhz but it still freeze as i did in first one and can you tell me time dram setting in order my dram currently detect by motherboard 4-4-4-8 wat should change it?

Cooling? Maybe you are running too hot? At first until you sort things out, I would set the RAM timings to "SPD" which automatically uses the manufacturers default settings. You can tweak and fine tune the timings later. If you really want to manually set the RAM, use the 1:1 ratio and try 4-4-4-10. Also, try these voltages if your temps are good: vcore = 1.4v, DDR2 voltage = 1.9v, and N/B voltage = 1.6v.

My temps are idle at 31c and 41c in full load of cpu with 15x224fsb=3360mhz but it still doesn't work as i change the dram 1:1 ratio and 4-4-4-10 or 12, i also try to change vcore at 1.5v, ddr2 at 2.0v or higher and n/b voltage at 1.6v. It still can't boot to windows.
is there maybe it can't boot when i raise 225fsb because the graphic card i currently installed in my system is pci slot of 33mhz ? . I didn't have pci-e installed yet.

hay guys after i install 7800gt, my system still can't overclock fsb to 225? wat wrong with my system please help even i have try many was such as raise cpu, memory, n/b voltage as you said, but still can't boot and it post code 0.4 what does it mean?

Back