• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why wont my DDR400 OCZ run at DDR400 instead of DDR364?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V10Ace

Hello all, I recently purchased a pair(2 x 512) of Premier series Dual Channel OCZ PC3200 memory. I installed the memory into my A7N8X-E motherboard (which says supports dual channel DDR400). Fired up the computer and noticed at first it was only running at DDR 200 due to incorrect settings. Of course I managed the correct settings which put it at DDR 400 (200 mhz) dual channel. The computer boots up fine until right near Windows where it begins a memory dump. And this is where Im at now, running stable at 182 mhz. What's the deal folks? Thanks for any help! :bang head

hoot said:
Until today, I was discouraged that I could not get my A7N8X 2.0 to go above 200 Mhz FSB with my memory in slots 1 and 3 in order to support Dual Channel. Though I thought about it several times recently, I finally got around to using slots 2 and 3 instead and now it hits 220 Mhz with the sensation that it will go even a little higher if my CPU didn't run out of uumph.

I don't know which memory slots you're using but try this (they are essentially the same board). I noticed on my A7N8X that slot 1 was very unstable and didn't overclock all that well. Switching to slots 2 and 3 got my comp stable and fsb up HIGH.

Im so aggravated right now I'm speechless. It's now not stable at 182 MHZ after playing a game for a while. I tried that configuration, moz_21, and it didn't help any. I'm still getting physical memory dump blue screens. This is the same memory in which I had to wait an extra 2 weeks to get due to it not being in stock. Excuse me while I punch a hole through my door. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, I found that out about an hour ago reading through the ASUS forums. Apparently the Nforce 2 chipset is extremely flakey with DDR400. Looks like a new motherboard is in store very soon. I just clocked the memory down to PC2700 speeds and its stable. Thanks for your help guys.

Back