• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Server Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManicMike

P3 Xeon Mobo Help!

I just got this very cheap server motherboard and single processor from a car boot sale for the princeley sum of £3!! However I know nothing about this such as does it take registered/unregistered memory EEC or not, how to keep it cool weather is OCs if it has scsi or why it has 3 power connectors? Please help! :) The model number is E186194

Last edited:
Well, it's a dual PII/III motherboard based on the 440GX chipset. This should take either PC100 registered or unbuffered memory (but don't mix them) and I would recommend it definately be ECC one way or the other (2GB MAX). Can't tell if there is SCSI or not, but I'd say no. The three power connectors should be standard 20-pin, 6-pin supplemental, and a 4-pin molex for use of an AGP Pro50 card (which I doubt you have). Any old 300W ATX PSU should have what you need. For cooling, you'll need a slot1 compatible heatsink (and fan depending on what the CPU is rated for).

You may want to look up the Intel OR840 motherboard as I'm almost positive that this is what you have (although a proprietary model of it).

Well thank you for the information, I followed a link on the Intel website about the differnces between the OR840 and the MS440GX and it turns out that the MS440GX is what I have. Thank you very much! :D

ManicMike said:
Well thank you for the information, I followed a link on the Intel website about the differnces between the OR840 and the MS440GX and it turns out that the MS440GX is what I have. Thank you very much! :D

I came pretty close then! Glad it lead you in the right direction, at least :]

Back