• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

I currently have 2 x 512 of the gskill le series ram sticks. With the new rig I'm building, im planning on keeping these sticks, but Also maybe adding another 512, or even another gig. I'm getting the ultra-d dfi board. I've been looking around and you cant buy the le sticks separately, so I'm trying to figure out another solution.

Well... I would recommend just buying a whole new pair and putting them in dual channel. I can help, but are you gonna OC? alot?

H4Z4RD0US said:
Well... I would recommend just buying a whole new pair and putting them in dual channel. I can help, but are you gonna OC? alot?
you mean having 4-sticks?

I wouldnt recommend using 4 sticks for overclocking..with your mobo, you can use some high voltage UTT ram. Mushkin redline is the way to go. you can OC pretty well and keep tight timings. but you say OC it to the max..then im guessing your gonna use some intense cooling. if your gonna go like over 260, I suggest you get some TCCD ram. Im not too sure what I can recommend for TCCD ram though. corsair or OCZ, DDR500 would be awsome. but I hear of these geils that hit 300 like nothing. Search around newegg.

You Can O/C with 4 sticks, but you must use 2T. In real world, 2T has little or no affect. There are decent 2GB kits out there, but you can go either way.

Hmm, i might just get another set of 2 512's, If I'm really doin benchies where 1t would help, i could always just pop 2 of them out, ya know?

Back